Tuesday, June 16, 2009

More Aunty Jayne!


I had a day off today and paid an impromptu visit to my best pal and her two-year-old son (whom I've blogged about before).

He is so adorable - he always goes bashful when I arrive, tucking his cheek into his shoulder and peeking at me out from under his long, dark lashes. Eventually he gets used to me being there and starts handing me his toys. While my friend was getting him ready for his sleep this afternoon he told her that I'm a "nice girl".

By the time I'm ready to leave, he's totally into me. He was still sleeping when I headed off today. My friend texted me and said when he woke up he'd said, "I want more Aunty Jayne!" Aw. It makes my heart melty. I love that little guy. (No, I'm not clucky. I've just finished reading Childfree and Loving It.)


Postcrossing

I signed up for Postcrossing a few weeks back. I have sent five postcards (which travelled a total of 81,630 kms) and I got my first postcard today, from Germany. Yay! This is fun!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Being an "Aunty" is wonderful ... it's a special relationship. Your little guy sounds like a real heart breaker. I love that he wants more of "Aunty Jayne".

I'm headed over to check out the postcrossing ... sounds very cool!

Have a great day!

Small Footprints
http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com