Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Another rainbow

As I was leaving work tonight


We have had a return to wintry weather in Melbourne. Brrr. But look! Up in the sky! A rainbow!

I like the cold less and less as I get older, but the prolonged dry spell in South Eastern Australia means rain is a much more welcome visitor. I can't bring myself to complain about it, even if it does sometimes spoil my plans or make me soggy on my walk to work.

I've also made a conscious effort not to complain about miserable weather since a very cold and wet day a few months ago when I saw a homeless man walking in the rain without even an umbrella for shelter.

Sometimes it's good to be reminded how truly fortunate most of us are...

3 comments:

Fantastic Forrest said...

Good way of looking at things. We had some lovely rainbows the other day.

What happened to the Frisky Librarian blog?

Leo said...

Beauty pic, Jayne!

Jayne said...

Lovely :)