Monday, November 9, 2009

Mix tape, shade and serenity


Yay! My 3-CD 'mix tape' from my NZ Twitter friend Kimode arrived in the mail today. I'm just uploading them to my iPod now. Can't wait to listen.

Summer has hit early in my part of the world. We've had three days of above 30 degree C temperatures with more to come, which isn't particularly gleeful for those of us who don't love the hot weather. But it is nice not to have to wear a warm jacket - or any jacket - to and from work.

I caught the train to work this morning (also not a gleeful experience), but I walked home in the heat tonight on the south side of the river, which is shaded by trees pretty much all of the way to my house. It was a surprisingly...not unpleasant walk.

I have also taken to detouring through the Botanic Gardens for the final part of my walk home now that the gates are open later. It makes the journey a little longer, but it's worth it for a little burst of serenity at the end of my working day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!