Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thunder! Rain! Leaf! Skirt!



I woke up this morning to thunder and rain. Eureka Tower had its head in the clouds when I left for work and there was another thunderstorm in the afternoon. The lights at work flickered and my computer turned off. I had my fingers crossed for a black out so we could go home, but no such luck. Oh well. The rain was great. We still badly need it.


Still alive

The new leaf on my almost-dead deiffenbachia is unfurling verrrrrrrry slooooowwwwly. I thought its resurrection might have stalled mid-furl, but no - every day it unravels a tiny bit. It looks healthy.


New

I wore a new skirt to work today. It's nice having something different to wear instead of the same work clothes. Also, it only cost me $10 at the new South Wharf DFO.

2 comments:

Julian said...

I may have said this before, but I love thunderstorms. I particularly liked this one because it A: gave me a chance to wash my car, which was B: good excuse to stand out in the rain (which is something I get the urge to do very occasionally).

Jayne said...

Hi Julian. I got caught in the ain coming hom on Saturday. It was rather nice. Storms are fantastic, as long as you aren't at risk of being hit by lightning.