Sunday, December 20, 2009

Sundae Sunday

My driver's licence might tell you I'm 37, but on the inside I'm nine years old. Check out my new lip gloss...



It smells like chocolate pudding. Mmmmm.  I did manage not to buy one in every flavour (there was also vanilla, butterscotch and strawberry shortcake). I also resisted the hair gel with glitter in it, although I did think "Oooh! Cool!" when I saw it on the shelf...


Vampire coincidence

Yes, I'm still going on the Angel box set. Last night I discovered this neat little circle of vampirey connectedness:

* Angel is a vampire;
* The theme to the show is performed by a band called Darling Violetta;
* The name Darling Violetta comes from the greeting Bela Lugosi used in letters to his mistress Violetta; and 
* Bela Lugosi starred in the first authorised film adaptation of Bram Stoker's Dracula!

(PS Yay for Google and Wikipedia. I loves the interwebs!)

I wonder if this is why Darling Violetta was chosen from a number of contenders to perform the theme or if it was just a coincidence? I prefer to think it's the latter.

The theme for the show is infact a nice piece of music. I've always loved the cello in it. It gives me goosebumps. I've been listening to it all morning on repeat. You'd think after having heard it so much in the past few weeks I'd be tired of it, but no. Here 'tis: 

3 comments:

a work in progress said...

you should send that lip-gloss pic to 'faces in places' hehehe

http://facesinplaces.blogspot.com/

Jayne said...

Haha! Yes. I didn't notice until you mentioned it. Ligloss is happy. I would be too if I smelt like chocolate pudding.

I hadn't seen that blog before either. Thanks!

Carla said...

That is so cute! Too bad I wouldnt be able to put it in my purse, but it would look good on my dresser!