Thursday, March 25, 2010

I ♥ U, Melbourne



I am so full of love for Melbourne I could kneel down and kiss the ground, all Pope-like. I'll settle for giving the place a psychic hug.

After a surprisingly foggy start (above), our beautiful Indian summer continued.  It was a lovely balmy evening when I left work tonight (albeit very smokey as a result of burning off somewhere nearby). I got my hair cut and coloured, so I feel all sleek and brand new, then I made my way to Southgate to get some shots of the hazy sunset. 

The sun had sunk below the buildings by the time I arrived, but I could see a fiery orange ball reflected on the office buildings at Southgate. The smoke isn't pleasant, but it sure makes for a nice sunset.








Southgate was abuzz with chatter spilling from bars and restaurants. There's a lot going on in the city at the moment. The Grand Prix is in town, the football season kicked off tonight, the Comedy Festival has just started and the Melbourne International Flower and Garden Show is also on this weekend. It's all happening.


The city from Southgate


I decided to walk home - have I mentioned how much I love walking along the river in the dark? - and it was beautiful, with the backdrop of city lights and a pale yellow half-moon watching over everything. I could hear crickets chirping and the occasional roar from Carlton v Richmond game at the MCG.




Prince's Bridge

3 comments:

Jayne said...

Lovely, all of them.

You weren't the one who reported that chap who walked into the Yarra and didn't come back up again, were you?

Jayne said...

Thanks, Jayne. No, wasn't me. I didn't even hear about it.

Erin Happycamper said...

BEAUTIFUL Pics! <3 them!