Thursday, July 15, 2010

Last day, lights and more new music

Tomorrow is my last day in my mind-numbingly boring job. Yay. I can't wait to feel the weight lift off my shoulders when I walk out that door for the last time. Perhaps I might even feel my life force start to seep back, although I expect my elation will be somewhat tempered by uncertainty since I still don't have any temp work lined up. I do have a couple of prospects, however.


Light show

The lights have been on at
AAMI Park for hours every night this week and it looks amazing. I've been enjoying the light show from my loungeroom window. The stadium's distinctive "bubbles" are made up of triangular panels which have a light at every point and the lights change colour and flash on and off in waves that ripple across the surface, so that the stadium seems to sparkle. I love it.

Speaking of my flat, I have it to myself for the weekend. *happy dance*


Thanks again, YouTube

I've made two new musical discoveries this week thanks yet again to the wonders of YouTube:
Holly Golightly and Ludella Black (both former members of The Headcotees). I remember Holly from the White Stripes' song It's True that We Love One Another, but I'd never listened to any of her own stuff before. I likes it.




Yes, her name really is Holly Golightly (last name Smith), obviously after the main character in Breakfast at Tiffany's, which, coincidentally, I just happen to be reading at the moment.

I have downloaded their latest CDs to my iPod tonight. I has happy ears.


2 comments:

Dina Roberts said...

Congrats on your last day.

I can understand that mixture of excitement and uncertainty.

Hopefully you'll find a new great awesome job soon.

Was the job you're leaving a a temp job as well?

I did temp work in NYC. Some of it was fun, and some of it was not.

Dee said...

Breakfast At Tiffany's is one of my all time favourite movies!