Thursday, August 5, 2010

Yay for routine! No, really.

Having a daily routine isn't usually something that inspires glee - bor-ring! -  but I'm actually enjoying settling into a regular routine with my new job. I'd been feeling undisciplined and unmotivated in my old job and I'm happy to see the end of that.

Most significantly, I'm back into a decent sleeping pattern - I'm going to bed hours earlier and I'm getting up earlier without giving the snooze button a work out every day. I still want to hit the snooze button, but obviously I can't arrive at work up to 30 minutes late in my new job. (I am starting at 9.00 am though.)

It's not cool to be a creature of habit, but the truth is, I feel happier and more effective at life when I have a routine - at least during the week.

For anyone who's wondering, the job is still going well.

No comments: