Sunday, September 19, 2010

Boring but satisfying


The last golden rays of the day outside my window

I've had a quiet, but very productive weekend at home.  I spring cleaned my bedroom and organised my wardrobe, and I've just finished backing up, categorising (and subcategorising!) nearly a year's worth of photos. Whew. It feels good.

Of course I had a to-do list and I've taken pleasure in crossing each task off. I even added one job after I'd done it, just so I could cross it off. Yes, I know.  

So far, I've completed 12 of 20 tasks. I won't get to all of them by the end of today, but I feel pretty satisfied with my efforts.

During my bedroom clean out, I found a lot of old family and personal memorabilia - letters, cards, photos and the like that I haven't looked at in ages. I didn't have time to read them, but I'm looking forward to sitting down one day soon to go through it all.

1 comment:

Dee said...

You know, if you have a scanner I would suggest scanning all the old cards/photo's so you will always have them. I found a few old things the last visit home, took then and scanned them. It's nice to know they will will be safe. Saying that, I'm a bit apprehensive about getting my years of crap out of storage when we finally find a place...... I have so much stuff from my 6 years overseas!