Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Visitor, strong and hot (er...)

I love the old bluestone, cobblestones and brickwork in this alley near my office

My US friend J arrives on Saturday. Yay. It also happens to be the biggest event on Melbourne's sporting calendar: the AFL Grand Final. Not only will I get to enjoy the atmosphere of the day, I'll be sharing it with an out-of-towner (I hope the Collingwood fans don't scare him).

I like it when I'm at the gym and I have to adjust the weight on a machine so that it's heavier, not lighter. It doesn't happen very often, but I'm happy when it does. Wooh! I'm stronger than that last person!

How ace are hot water bottles, hey? Much better than wheatbags, if you ask me. One morning last week when I woke up, my hot water bottle was still slightly warm, SEVEN HOURS after I got into bed with it.

No comments: