Thursday, October 14, 2010

Surprise books, surprise seat and surprise motivation

I got a parcel of books from Amazon at work today. Hurrah! I'd taken advantage of the record-breaking exchange rate to buy the Anne of Green Gables box set. Eight books all up. Wheeee! I love, love LOVE Anne of Green Gables. I also got another Dr Seuss book to add to my collection. (My to-be-read pile is reaching towering proportions).  

As usual, I'd forgotten I'd ordered the books (absent-mindedness rocks!) so I got a gleeful surprise when they were dropped off at my desk. I'm still waiting on one more book - a Puff the Magic Dragon pop-up book.

I forgot to mention yesterday how I miraculously got a seat on a crowded train going to work. I moved in further and further to let others on and there, before me, was one empty seat no one else had nabbed. A ray of sunshine beamed down on it and angels sang. I looked questioningly at the man sitting next to it (wondering if there was a reason it was vacant) and he motioned for me to sit. I said, "Don't mind if I do!" and I did. Ace!

I was really pleased with myself for going to the gym tonight even though I really didn't feel like it. It's somehow - sometimes - easier to find the energy and motivation when you know you'll feel better if you go.  I've been feeling worn out, stiff and sore lately, and I know the gym will help. Feeling good...well, it feels great.

No comments: