Friday, November 5, 2010

Comfy, casual, competent

I've probably mentioned this before, but it bears repeating: changing out of your work shoes into sneakers is fantastic.  Changing from your work clothes into your pjs is pretty good too. (I'm also wearing a Fraggle Rock T-shirt I got at Dimmeys for $5).

I'm pleased my new firm also has casual Fridays, although casual seems to be less casual at this place (which isn't a bad thing).

Today was my first full day on the job and I had a lot to take in, but I still don't feel overwhelmed. I've got a good trainer, who keeps telling me how happy they are to have me (mostly because they needed an extra pair of hands, I think!) and that I'm doing well. The feedback is appreciated. I didn't get much feedback in my old temp assignment - I had to resign before I found out I was doing a good job!

No comments: