Saturday, November 13, 2010

Vintage find, the north side, statistical glee


I stumbled across a fantastic vintage store on Smith Street in Collingwood today called Vintage Garage. I don't know how I've missed it before, especially as the counter - visible from the doorway - is the front end of a bright red 50s American car.

The store is huge and full of racks and racks of clothes and shoes (mainly women's) from the 50s to the 80s, as well as some furniture, old records, jewellery, homewares and even a few old typewriters. And of course the music was cool - Beatles, Buddy Holly and Johnny O'Keefe, and Peggy Lee was singing Fever when I went in.

It's important to match your shirt
 to your furniture

I ate a toasted sesame seed bagel with cream cheese at Bean & Bagel on my way up to Brunswick Street. It was delicious - as good as any I ate in New York. *sigh* I miss New York.

Today on Smith Street I saw a man in red and black striped velvet pants and on the tram on Brunswick Street I sat near a woman wearing bright yellow clogs with red socks and a large pouffy tulle thing on her head.  God, I love that part of town. I almost hope I get evicted next year so I can move there - or better, that I could shift my current flat  over there (I love it too much to leave of my own free will). 

I love these old post boxes on Brunswick Street

I've been using the camera on my new phone a little in the last week. It. Is. Awesome. I probably don't even need to carry my Canon around with me anymore.

Last night while messing about on Blogger I discovered there's a link to my blogs' stats on my dashboard. It's probably been there for months, hasn't it? Never mind. I had a look and was pleasantly surprised. I don't get a lot of comments, so it's nice to know people are visiting, if not leaving comments. Thanks, guys.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Err, I have read your every post for well over a year or more. Always interesting.

Jayne said...

Aw, shucks. Thank you, Andrew. It's good to hear that. I do appreciate your occasional comments.

Now might be a good time to invite any regular lurkers to out themselves! Anyone?