Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Rockin' out, puzzle fun, big payday

My Mum visited on the weekend. She was staying with family in southern NSW and caught the bus down to Melbourne to go to the Neil Diamond concert. Yes, I went too. Yes, I liked it. My Dad was a big Neil Diamond fan, so I grew up listening to his songs. It was funny seeing all the baby boomers rocking out, especially a guy near us who was going off but kept clapping out of time.

I have done around half of my New York City jigsaw, and most of that I did in one night. I couldn't stop and stayed up way too late doing it. There's something so satisfying about slotting those tiles into place, especially when you pick up a piece and think, "Hmm, I wonder if that bit goes there?" and you try it, and it does!

I got my first monthly pay in my new job today. Wooh! I felt quite rich there for a little while. Now to make it last until next pay day...

I'm off to see The Waifs tomorrow night. Yays!  I'm going on my own - my first gig flying solo.

No comments: