Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Nice, 1 million steps and red shoes

Sometimes complete strangers are lovely, aren't they? I sent an email to a client contact today to update his details in our database - a request I usually expect to be met with indifference, if not annoyance - but I got an unusually nice email in return.

In fact, it's quite remarkable how few rude and grumpy people I have come across in my now-not-so-new job. In almost nine months (nine!), I can count on one hand the number of clients and staff I've had dealings with who have been unpleasant. It's...well, it's nice.

I'm still doing the Global Corporate Challenge - we're just over half way in the 12-week event now. Although my daily step counts for the past few weeks have been much lower due to feeling unwell, my daily average of about 14,000 still puts me in the top 25 per cent of the 127,000 participants. In the next few days, I will pass 1 million steps!

I got numerous compliments on the red shoes I wore to work today. I've worn them before, but I think because the rest of my ensemble was black, they caught people's attention.

No comments: