Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Busy, dry, baking

It's day three of my between-jobs break (not counting the weekend) and I've crossed quite a few things off my to-do list already. It's mostly stuff that falls into the 'boring-but-useful' category, like defrosting the freezer and cleaning the fridge, cleaning out and re-organising the pantry and decluttering my wardrobe. Nothing exciting, but it feels good to have it done. I have a little moment of glee every time I open the fridge or pantry door. I'll enjoy it while it lasts! 

I bought new walking shoes on the weekend. Sadly, I have reached an age where my body won't let me get away with walking for hours in any old shoes without foot, ankle, hip and lower back pain and stiffness. Dagnammit. You know you're not a young 'un any more when you've googled 'comfort shoes'.  Anyway, I bought a pair of proper walking/hiking shoes and wore them for the first time today. Not only are they comfy, they're waterproof. Today was very wet, but my feet remained dry.

I have a cake in the oven. Just a plain butter cake (allergy-diet friendly - yes, I'm still doing that confounded thing). I don't bake often...maybe the cake-baking urge has something to do with the dream I had last night about eating delicious cake. It's just out of the oven now. Must resist hacking off a piece. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Care to give the shoe company a free plug? I bought quite expensive walking shoes, but my work boots are more comfortable.

Jayne said...

Sure. The brand is Ahnu, which I'd never heard of before. I tried on a few pairs from the same brand, but they weren't all as cushiony as the ones I bought.

I got them from MacPac on Smith St, Collingwood at a fairly good price. There's a few outdoorsy stores up the factory outlet end having good sales.