Friday, April 27, 2012

Mushroom season, gypsy music, Friday

Fungus....or is it bun-gus?

It's mushroom/toadstool season! I saw this little tuffet on the bank near Swan Street bridge when I was walking to work this morning. I don't eat fungus (I likefood that doesn't smell like dirt), but I like taking photos of it.

I have a new musical fixation - Gogol Bordello,  a"gypsy punk" band from New York. There's eight people in the band, some of whom are from Eastern Europe with actual gypsy blood. They're kinda bonkers. I love it, which isn't a surprise because a few other bands I've recently   got into - such as the Crooked Fiddle Band, and Mojo Juju and the Snake-oil Merchants - have gypsy leanings.


While I'm talking about eccentric bands, I can't believe I have never mentioned Russian schlock-horror trio Messer Chups here before. They're ace too.  



Yay, the weekend is here! I don't have any big plans. I just like not working, no matter how much I like my new job. 

No comments: