Saturday, September 15, 2012

Luke, Jayne and Mali at the market

Luke and I went to Queen Victoria Market to do our fresh food shop again today. To be honest, I don't really enjoy the experience - mostly because of the crowds and the noise - but the variety of produce and lower prices make it worth tolerating. 

We bought loads of fruit and veg, most of it way cheaper than the supermarket. Our fridge is chockers and I had to get out the big fruit bowl to find room for all the fruit. 

I bought artichokes for the the first time ever. I've eaten them, but never cooked with them. I found a recipe on Pinterest for cooking them in the slow cooker, which I'm going to have a crack at tomorrow. I've also never eaten grapefruit. Really! It wasn't something we had when I was a kid, and I've never had the urge to try them. I bought one today and I have a recipe from Pinterest for that too...if you can call "chop it in half, sprinkle with brown sugar and grill it" a recipe. 

We also saw (but didn't buy) Thai eggplant and jicama. And a big onion. 




After yet another failed attempt at completing that infernal allergy elimination diet, I've decided to just eat well (in the 'normal' sense, as well as avoiding my known trigger foods), exercise more and put up with the symptoms. I've been living with them for so long anyway...  So I'm eating less crap (not that I ate a lot to begin with) and more fruit and veg. 

I  also saw three Mali sculptures at or near Vic Market, although I only photographed two. 




 Eye patch


A close up reveals a trio of birds

Luke ordered something online that came wrapped in bubble wrap. I found the bubble wrap in my handbag, where he'd put it for me to play with. 
  

1 comment:

a work in progress said...

i love that he put bubble wrap in your bag. that's real love, right there. ;) x