Monday, October 15, 2012

Fruitful, awesome find, fiery sky

I had homemade fruit salad for breakfast this morning. Yum. I've probably eaten about five serves of fruit today. 

On my lunch break I dropped into the discount book shop in the old Angus & Robertson store near work. I didn't find anything of interest until my eye lit upon the follow up to Neil Pasricha's The Book of Awesome, The Book of (Even More) Awesome for a paltry $5. Tis now mine. 

For those who you don't know, the books were a spin off from Pasricha's blog, 1000 Awesome Things, which, like Gleeful, celebrates life's simple pleasures (only he's made wads of money out of it!). 

I got a Facebook message tonight from a friend in the US who is sending calendars with pretty pictures of her home state of Oklahoma to her online friends. She asked if I would like one. Yes, please! I love stuff like that. Thanks, Erin! Does anyone want a Melbourne/Victoria/Australia calendar?

I had a good session at the gym tonight. I always worry how I'll go when it's an effort walking up the stairs to the gym entrance, but I did well. I have a new program that I like...partly because the weights part of it doesn't take as long!

The sunset was AMAZING tonight. I took loads of photos. 








I always look behind me when photographing a sunset. Sometimes the sky goes a nice pink along the horizon in the East. Tonight I saw this reflection. I also saw someone flying a kite and some people rolling down the steep hill at Birrarung Marr. 

 Yes, it was this exact colour!


 Fiery!



1 comment:

Lindy said...

The sunset is gorgeous. I don't know Melbourne very well but your blog really brings it to life.