Friday, November 9, 2012

One book ends, another one opens

Crow on a wet tiled roof (the block of flats next door)


I retired to my boudoir at 8.30 last night with a hot chocolate and The Mystery of Mercy Close. I ploughed through the last hundred or so pages of the book before bedtime. It was a very enjoyable read. Marian Keyes has a talent for writing about really heavy topics - in this case, depression and attempted suicide -  in a way that's entertaining and amusing without being in bad taste. I don't mind a bit of black humour. I guess it's because Marian's a funny person who's suffered badly from depression herself.  Pretty much all of her novels are funny and dark all at once. 

Finishing The Mystery of Mercy Close means I'M NOW FREE TO START READING THE HOROLOGICON!  I might head to bed early again tonight. It's been raining since I got home from work, so it's a good night for it. I might swap the hot choc for a G n T tonight since it's the weekend. 

No comments: