Thursday, November 22, 2012

Repeat, dancing, gold

I listened to Graveyard Train's Life is Elsewhere on repeat at the gym and on my way home tonight. It has a good beat for fast walking.  


When I walked past the State Library there were people dancing to music coming from about a dozen ghetto blasters (proper old school ones) lined up on the front steps. One young guy appeared to be wearing only his undies and singlet. (I didn't take photos because I didn't want to disrupt my  post-work out power walk momentum.)

Further along Swanston Street, the sun was sinking low and perfectly in line with with Collins and Bourke Streets so that the tram tracks looked like twin rows of gold disappearing into the light. I should have taken a photo of that.  


1 comment:

Deidre said...

I used to love seeing people in front of the state library dancing - but I haven't witnessed it myself for a long time.