Sunday, January 27, 2013

Another coincidence, fireworks, ripe bananas

Another Pride and Prejudice-related coincidence happened today. Just before I started watching it this afternoon, someone I follow on Twitter tweeted that she was watching Pride and Prejudice ahead of the 200th anniversary of the book's publication tomorrow. I didn't know about the anniversary until I read her tweet. 

I'm three episodes in - about the point where Mr Darcy proposes to Elizabeth with the famous line, "You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you" and she angrily rejects him. A swoon-worthy line, no doubt,  but I'm still not aware of any weakening of my knee joints. 

Luke and I watched the Australia Day fireworks while perched on a couch in front of our loungeroom window last night. Ka-BOOM! 

There are three over-ripe bananas in our fruit bowl. Today while browsing Pinterest I found a recipe for oatmeal cupcakes that calls for three ripe bananas - the riper the better. I think I'll make them tomorrow (only with blueberries not choc chips).


No comments: