Saturday, May 11, 2013

Spoiled for choice and off to see The Reverend

I can't believe I didn't already know you can design your own sneakers online. What rock have I been under? Nike offers the service and so does New Balance - no doubt there are plenty of other sites that do too. You pick an existing style and then choose materials and colours. You can even have a personalised logo and your choice of words on the heel. 

I mention this because I have a lot of trouble finding decent casual sneakers in colours I like. I'm quite particular. There's often too much yellow, orange and pink and pastel shades in women's ranges. Not my style. I bought a pair of men's Asics Onitsuka Tigers in purple, black and silver a few years ago because I couldn't find anything I liked in the women's range. Sadly they've just about had it and I need something more cushiony  underfoot this time. 

I think I want a pair of Nike Cortez, their original running shoe which came into the world the same year as I did. Trouble is...what colour? Maybe red or green. Or navy. Or royal blue. Too much choice now! 

I discovered on Facebook that psychobilly legend The Reverend Horton Heat is playing in Melbourne on 31 May. Mojo Juju (formerly of The Snake Oil Merchants) is one of the supporting acts. Since I started writing this post, I've bought tickets to go. Woooh!

Did I mention I'm seeing Wagons again in June? They're previewing songs from their upcoming album. Can't wait. I'm off to Sydney to see Mark Forsyth in two weeks too. Lots of exciting things to look forward too. That's the way life should be. 


No comments: