Thursday, May 9, 2013

Warm, Tour de France, Bach

I got my gloves out on Tuesday morning in anticipation of a chilly week ahead, but the last few days  have been glorious. Today's top was 25 degrees, just a few weeks away from winter. Twenty-five!  Yeah, I guess this is global warming at work and we do need rain, but it's hard not to enjoy an unseasonably warm spell when you're expecting the mercury to drop. The morning sun streams through my window at work, which always lifts my spirits. 

I've been struggling to get myself to the gym more than once a week for months now and I haven't had the energy for cardio, but tonight I did my best workout for ages and I feel better for it. I did 30 minutes of cardio, including 15 minutes on one of the new bikes that offer a range of Tour de France courses. I cycled through French countryside and high up on cliffs. 

A woman at the gym had two vinyl albums in her locker. One was JS Bach. I don't know why, but it made me smile. 

No comments: