Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Day 12: Fabulous fashionistas and booty

I've found something else on YouTube to get excited about - an English documentary called Fabulous Fashionistaswhich is about ageing, style and living life. 

It features six women with an average age of 80, each with a distinct sense of style and an interesting, unconventional life. They pay no heed whatsoever to what society expects old ladies to wear or do. One recently bought a pair of Doc Martins. Another says "Beige is the colour of death".  

I first heard about Fabulous Fashionistas a few months ago via a Twitter link to this Guardian article, and then somewhere I found more photos and quotes from the women, which had me completely charmed. I might not have loved their look, but I adored their attitude. The documentary isn't available to view here,  but it's on YouTube. Wooh!

'Dressing your age' is something I think about every now and then, especially since I turned 40. I look younger than I am (people tell me so; I'm not being vain), which allows me to 'dress young', but how long will I able to get away with wearing a denim skirt and Nike high-tops, and wearing my hair in a quiff? I'm getting to the point where I think the answer is FOR AS LONG AS I DAMN WELL WANT! 

The reason I mention this today is because I had a conversation with a friend about how we're at an in-between age fashion-wise, which caused me to revisit the Guardian story. 


Boot booty

The boots I bought on sale on Tuesday arrived today. I like them and they fit perfectly. The forecast for the rest of this week is for cool weather (boo) so I should have a chance to wear them (yay).


Tax booty

I got my tax return too. It's gone straight to my savings account. 


1 comment:

Lindy said...

I'm 59 and I like you think about dressing my age. Most people are surprised when they find out my age. I like my long hair. I think it would be entirely grey but I dye it brown. I think I am just going to grow old how I want to. (I do ask my daughters to let me know if I ever look really stupid or horrible. But sometimes their clothing is so unusual I don't know if they would be good judges. lol) I figure you've just got to be yourself.