Tuesday, July 1, 2014

JayBloPoMo: day 1

I've decided to change the name of my daily blog posting efforts for July from PerbloPoMo to JayBloPoMo. It just sounds better. Still silly, but better. Now, on with the glee! 

I mentioned yesterday that my firm has moved offices. That happened a couple of weeks ago. I didn't want to leave my sunny corner location, but my new spot is pretty good too. We're on the 38th floor and we have a great view out over the bay on one side, and towards the hills in the east on the other. If Eureka Tower wasn't where it is, I'd almost be able to see the roof of my flat. 

The new office is a few more blocks from home.  It takes me 40 minutes to walk it in the mornings (when I walk it; lately I've been oversleeping and catching PT), but tonight I walked home along the river instead of through the city and I did it in 35 minutes. I reckon I'll struggle to shave much more time off. 

It was lighter when I left work tonight. Surely the longer days can't be noticeable yet? We're only a couple of weeks past the shortest day. Or have I just not been paying attention? I have actually been leaving on time most days since we moved offices because my workload has been much more manageable. Wooh. I'm enjoying that. It almost feels like a novelty. 

I cooked celeriac on Sunday for the first time. I think it was the first time I've eaten it too. I smashed it to go Cumberland sausages and really liked it. I'm not one of those people who loves their vegies, but my celeriac smash was a hearty winter warmer. Next up I'm going to make soup with it. 


No comments: