Tuesday, July 8, 2014

JBPM: day 8

A friend at work shared some happy news with me today and it made me happy too. Brigid, the graduate lawyer in my team, was keen to do her next rotation in the Intellectual Property (IP) group, but HR was adamant it wasn't possible. She was quite glum about it - and a few other things going on in her personal life - but yesterday she was notified SHE'S GOING TO IP AFTER ALL! 

It means she will be moving back over to our Bourke Street office from Monday and I won't see her as much. I'll miss her. She's so lovely. All the grads who've rotated through my team have been lovely actually.  

I somehow managed to go from bed-to-desk in just over an hour this morning. I missed it by only six minutes. I'm not quite sure how I managed it.  I don't think I missed any parts of my morning routine and I walked most of the way (I caught the tram the last four blocks because it was there). 

I saw a Nankeen Night Heron on my walk home tonight. (Today's one of the few days this year I've walked both to and from work. I've been slacking off.)

Tis my birthday eve! 

No comments: