Friday, August 15, 2014

24-7 girl stuff

Luke left for the airport tonight for a two-week trip to the UK to visit his daughter, so I have two weeks of solo living ahead of me. I'll miss him, of course, but I really like having the place to myself. Is that bad? 

Tonight I've watched an episode of My Fair Wedding on Foxtel's You Channel...watching wedding shows on You has become my guilty pleasure. And they screen SO MANY of them. Obsessed with the Dress, Don't Tell the Bride, I Found the Gown, Four Weddings, Say Yes to the Dress and on and on and on. I'm not even that interested in weddings; I just enjoy scoffing at the bride-to-be's entourage (and critiquing the dress choices). The bride usually brings a crowd of friends and family with her when she tries on dresses  - some even bring their groom! What is with THAT? - and there's always one in the crowd who is just awful. Brutally honest, selfish and/or domineering. And then there's the super conservative Southern parents who want their daughter to walk down the aisle with every inch of skin covered. "Sweetie, ya'll cannot go to church dressed like A WHORE!" 

Anyway, with the place to myself for a few weeks I will probably overdose on the wedding shows. I'm currently watching The Nanny Diaries and I've made and eaten a bowl of cookie dough for one. It was yummy. I'll be having that again. 

I have a friend visiting for the weekend and we're hitting the shops. It's 24-7 GIRL STUFF round these parts for the next two weeks! Woooooh! 


1 comment:

Dina Roberts said...

I'm impressed with your ability to eat that much cookie dough! Were you daring enough to eat it with raw eggs? I wouldn't be. But you're probably braver than I am.