Monday, August 25, 2014

Winner!

I won a DVD on Twitter! Who says Twitter is pointless, eh? Last night I entered a competition to win a copy of the acclaimed documentary Searching for Sugarman, which tells the story of two South African music writers' attempts to track down an enigmatic American folk musician who was a superstar in their country in the 1970s. The musician, Rodriguez, was rumoured to have died after setting himself on fire on stage or from a drug overdose and these two guys set out to see if the stories were true.  

Luke and I had wanted to see the movie since it was first released, but somehow never got around to it, so when I saw the promo for it on SBS the other day I set myself a reminder to watch it. I kept thinking, "It's a shame Luke's not here to watch it with me", but now I've won myself a copy - just by retweeting a tweet by the distributor - we can watch it together when he gets back from his trip. (He returns in just over a week.)

I'll put the DVD on the shelf with the book I won on Twitter ages ago. 


No comments: