Friday, November 18, 2016

NaBloPoMo: day 18

First go...gotta love that


Whoopsie, I've missed a few days. I didn't get home from the hospital on Tuesday after my test until about 9.00 pm and then I was out of action Wednesday as well. So I got two days off work and two sleep ins. I had a lot of reading time and I finished The Good People. I enjoyed it...but I think it was the writing that appealed more than the story. It held my attention, but I wasn't gripped.  

Next up I'm reading Clementine Ford's Fight Like a Girl. I've banned myself from buying more books until I've finished the unread books on my bedside table - maybe about 15 of them - because I got worried I was buying books just because I can't buy shoes.  

Have I mentioned I'm extending my ban on shopping for clothes, shoes and accessories to a full year? I'm 5.5 months in now and it's going remarkably well. It would be great to be able to say I went a whole year without buying that stuff. By the time I get to the end of my initial challenge (on 31 December) I'll be more than half way through the extended challenge. 

No comments: